USDA Food & AgScience Summer Program
Applications of Interest are now being accepted for the 2nd annual USDA Food & AgScience Summer Program hosted by Farm Smart
The USDA Food and AgScience Summer Program, hosted at the UC DREC/Farm Smart in Holtville, is an experiential learning experience to help high school students in the Imperial Valley explore careers and educational pathways in STEAM fields of study.
The hands-on program will provide high school students with practical experiences in the vast field of agriculture, from the scientific, professional, and technical aspects, that will serve to intensify the pre-college student’s interest on considering to pursue a STEAM field of study by building a foundation and learning about the importance of agriculture in the Imperial Valley through awareness, knowledge, and appreciation.
Overall, high school students will have the opportunity to expand their interest in STEAM fields of study beyond the classroom through Ag-related educational activities with professional development and youth empowering learning experiences
- The program will run from June 15, 2018 through July 12, 2018 and will be comprised of 40 hours with in-field training, laboratory sessions, and regional field trips.
- Students will be provided with a $420 student stipend for completion of the experiential learning experience.
- Application of Interest Deadline via E-Mail by May 24, 2018 email@example.com
- Enrolled in an Imperial Valley high school
- Must be in 10th Grade or 11th Grade in the Fall 2018
- Be a U.S. Citizen