California AG in the Classroom Conference Scholarship
2019 California AG in the Classroom Conference
October 17-19 Sonoma, CA
Through the generous donations of the Imperial County Farm Bureau, Imperial County Vegetable Growers Association, Farm Credit West, and Imperial Valley Water there are a limited number of scholarships available to Imperial County Educators!
APPLICATIONS DEADLINE EXTENDED: SEPTEMBER 25TH by 12:00PM
Conference scholarship is open to Pre-K -12th grade educators in Imperial County who want to find new and exciting ways to bring food, fiber, flowers, and fuel into the classroom.
SCHOLARSHIP WILL INCLUDE (totaling $1000):
- The cost of registration for October 17-19, which includes meals, tours, and all presentations ($275).
- 2 nights hotel accommodations ($169/night plus taxes and fees)
- Travel Stipend (up to $318 for flight and car rental)
*Attendees will be reimbursed for registration/travel after completion of scholarship requirements*
Send all applications to email@example.com
- Pre-K -12th grade teachers; all subject areas
- Currently teaching in an Imperial County School in the 2019-20 school year
- Interest in increasing comfort level when teaching about agriculture
- Submit an application of interest by Sept. 25 at 12PM
- Commitment to identifying resources to integrate agriculture into core content and instruction
- Present to sponsoring organization on how you will integrate agriculture into your classroom:
Farm Bureau: Nov. 11 @12pm
IVVGA: Nov. 14 @11:30am